Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some "Junk" for FNM

FNM is tomorrow and while I had planned to play Boss Naya again, I came across a fun looking deck while reading one of Channel Fireball's articles this week: Stoneforge Junk. I played a GWB "Junk" deck at the Star City Games Dallas 5K, so I was intrigued when reading over this "updated" list. I made a few personal changes, and here is what I hope to play tomorrow night!

Stoneforge Junk:

3x Noble Hierarch
1x Birds of Paradise
3x Stoneforge Mystic
4x Qasali Pridemage
4x Knight of the Reliquary
2x Borderland Ranger
2x Wolfbriar Elemental
4x Emeria Angel
2x Baneslayer Angel

4x Path to Exile
4x Maelstrom Pulse
1x Behemoth Sledge
1x Basilisk Collar
1x Elspeth, Knight-Errant **(Might drop for a second Sledge)**

4x Marsh Flats
4x Verdant Catacombs
3x Stirring Wildwood
2x Sunpetal Grove
4x Forest
3x Plains
2x Swamp
1x Tectonic Edge
1x Sejiri Steppe

Sideboard:
2x Baneslayer Angel
1x Basilisk Collar
3x Kor Firewalker
2x Grim Discovery
2x Day of Judgement
1x Martial Coup
2x Thornling
2x Relic of Progenitus

As noted, I made a few minor changes compared to the list from Channel Fireball, mainly due to card availability and personal preference (the deck NEEDS Baneslayer, even if 2 are out of the sideboard). The sideboard is open for change at the moment, and will probably change depending on what my local metagame looks like. I like the additional Collar in the board, and might want a second Sledge if I don't decide to drop the Elspeth from the main deck. If I cant fit the other 2 Baneslayers into the main deck, then they will have to take up 2 of the sideboard slots. As for the other 11 slots, I like Grim Discovery against Jund, and Thornling is great in alot of matches. I might change the 2 Day, 1 Coup to just 2 Coup, and Relic will go if nobody plays Open the Vaults or "Standard Dredge". Kor Firewalker will probably end up on the chopping block in favor of either another late game bomb, or some O-Rings to deal with Jace and other pesky planeswalkers. Or, on a completely unrelated note, I could make the sideboard a complete discard package with Duress and Mind Rot, as well as Bloodwitch. However, that would mess with the manabase and I dont want to take the time to fix it.

Hopefully the deck does well, and I encourage anyone looking for a fun deck to sleeve up this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment